The Caritas Partnership
Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Santa Rosa
Since 1954 Catholic Charities has evolved from simply being a provider of affordable counseling services in Santa Rosa to one of the most comprehensive and innovative multi-program social service agencies in Sonoma County. The agency’s service area reaches from Petaluma to the Oregon border. Guided by its mission of transforming lives through dignity, hope and love, Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Santa Rosa serves more than 21,000 people each year through its programs to End Homelessness, Challenge Poverty, Counsel Immigrants, and Care for Seniors:
- Homeless Outreach and Emergency Shelters: Three overnight shelters in Santa Rosa and one in Napa. Daytime drop-in resource center in Santa Rosa. Centralized intake contacts and housing placement for all shelter providers county wide. Currently serving approximately 3,600 people annually.
- Housing programs: Transitional and permanent supportive housing with case management for 150 families and individuals in Sonoma and Napa Counties and rental assistance for 200-300 households per year.
- Financial Capacity Building: More than 2,000 low-income families and individuals annually receive job coaching, financial counseling, tax preparation assistance, CalFresh benefits with nutrition education, and access to health insurance.
- Rural Emergency Food: In rural Sonoma and Lake Counties, free nutritious groceries to 8,000 children and adults each year, with links to other community services.
- Senior Services: Licensed day program for 60 seniors with memory loss and their caregivers, daily telephone safety check-ins to more than 130 homebound elders, and volunteer-based transportation for homebound seniors and other vulnerable adults.
- Immigration Counseling and Education: Largest provider of non-profit immigration legal services north of the Golden Gate Bridge, equipping 2,500 immigrants each year with legal pathways to family reunification, work authorization, permanent residency and/or citizenship.
Burbank Housing is the North Bay’s nonprofit leader in affordable housing. For nearly forty years, Burbank Housing has built and maintained high-quality rental and sweat-equity homes that enable residents to live well and thrive in the face of challenges. Burbank Housing builds welcoming, comfortable communities and enjoys a successful track record as a leader in the creation and management of quality, sustainable housing, strong local and national partnerships and a healthy balance sheet.
Burbank Housing takes a smart approach to developing high quality, beautifully designed homes and serves those in need through an innovative development program and responsible financial stewardship. Burbank Housing has constructed 875 ownership homes, manages 2,904 rental units in 63 communities and has 79 more rental units under construction. In addition to development, Burbank Housing’s property management team provides physical maintenance, financial management, budgeting, and cash flow management, coordinates social services, and provides connections to community services.